October 17, 2012

Fall 2013 Bridal collections & trends

Dennis Basso for Kleinfield


I must say I do love all the new gowns... I wish I could have a wedding every year so I could get an excuse to try them all on and wear them out in public!  The major trend in the Fall 2013 collections is LACE.  I've never really been a huge fan of lace but I tell you, now I'm a believer. The collections use lace in every way possible; lace sleeves, lace illusion necklines and all over lace gowns.
I really love the illusion necklines that are partially lace and partially sheer. So gorgeous! I guess we have Kate Middleton to thank for the surge in popularity of lace sleeves. Below are photos of the main trends

[1] Sheer illusion necklines


Amsale



Amsale


 

Monique Lhuillier
 


 
Christos
 
 
 
 
Vera Wang
 
 
 

Badgley Mischka




 Rivini
 
 
 
 
 
 
[2] Lace Neckline
 
Monique Lhuillier
 
  
 
 
Romona Keveza
 
 
Temperley London
 
 

Rivini
 
 

 
Vera Wang 
 


 
 

[3] Lace & sheer sleeves

Dennis Basso




Reem Acra


Temperley London
 
 
 
 Badgley Mischka
 
 
Christos
 
 
Christos


Oscar De La Renta
 

 
Marchesa
 
 
 
Marchesa


Monique Lhuillier
 

Douglas Hannant


[3] All over lace

Romona Keveza



Kenneth Pool
 
 

Badgley Mischka



[3] Tulle skirts

Monique Lhuillier



Vera Wang
 
 

Christos
 
 

Kenneth Pool
 
 
 
Marchesa

 
xoxo
 

3 comments:

  1. it seems like it is all about illusion!it is wonderful to see how differently each designer interprets it

    ReplyDelete
  2. the one with long lace sleeves and peplum design is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. the one with long lace sleeves and peplum design is gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete