August 20, 2012

New gowns in the Vera Wang WHITE collection

I am a self confessed Vera Wang addict and probably the biggest fan of her WHITE collection available at David's Bridal. Here are the latest gowns in the collection. I love them all except the very last one which is bit too busy for my taste, but still a gorgeous gown overall. I included photos of the sketches as well. I love seeing how the sketches come alive and transform into the final piece.


Dress number one- VW 351124 ($1348) - This is a Basket Weave organza ball gown, featuring a pleated skirt, beaded floral applique, satin loop waist band, gorgeous buttons down the back and a chapel train.











Dress number two- VW 351141 ($628)

This dress is simple and yet complex at the same time. It is a mikado column gown in champagne, with a slit in the back, and pleated draping on the bodice. The velvet rose clip is a bit much for me, so I guess its a good thing that its not actually included in the price and has to be bought separately for $108. That clip is a little too huge for most women to stylishly get away with wearing on the waist!








Dress number three- VW 351086 ($1248)- This is a tulle mermaid gown with a sweet grosgrain bow right under the bust creating an empire waisted look. The skirt is made up of multiple tiers. I love mermaid gowns so this is one of my favorites but the bow is bit too sweet for me and I would remove it if I were to wear this gown.








Dress number four- VW 351118 ($1248)- Another mermaid gown in mikado, with an assymetrical skirt with basketweave organza roses.  The satin sash is included in the price but the giant organza flower has to be bought separately for $148. I am a huge fan of buttons on wedding gowns so I love the simplicity of the back of this dress. I will always choose buttons over zip up or lace up back anyday.







Dress number five- VW 351139 ($628)-  This gown is perfect for a beach or destination wedding. Its romantic and dreamy and still very bridal. It is made out of crinkle chiffon and features an empire waist and drapery fit for a greek goddess. I'm not sure I love the floral details on the front... still on the fence about those, but really like the flowers on the train









Dress number six- VW 351129 ($628)- Classic Vera tulle ball gown with sheer straps. This dress looks so much better in person than in pictures so definitely go out to your local bridal and judge it in person.  I feel the dress looks so much better without the sheer straps and with a slightly dipped neckline. The satin sash is removable so you could always wear it with a difference sash.




Dress number six- VW 351075 ($1448)-  This time I didnt save the best for last. This is my least favorite in the collection and its the most expensive gown out of the new releases. I do love the draped taffeta bodice, but the gazillion tiers on the skirt, the big bow halter neck, plus that organza clip on flower for an additional $148 is just too much for my eyes to handle all at once




What say you about the new gowns in the WHITE collection. Which are you favorites?

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Number 6 is exquisite! What a gown. Vera Wang us the stuff that dreams are always made of!

    ReplyDelete