September 3, 2010

Sneakers at a wedding?

PHOTO CREDIT//Leo Djiwatampu Photography
So I can imagine the mere mention of sneakers at a wedding is enough to cause nervous breakdowns for many brides. Surprisingly enough, there are increasingly more weddings that have the groom and his grooms men wearing formal pants, or even a full tuxedo paired with sneakers. The most popular sneaker of choice being the classic Chuck Taylor Converse All Star. I'll take a moment to say that I have a serious weakness for the Chuck Taylor collection so I may be severely biased on this matter. I feel that at certain outdoor weddings, where there is an overall semi-casual theme that runs through all elements of the wedding and all outfits in the bridal party, the converse sneakers can look hot. BUT and this is a big but, where it is a formal wedding with bride decked out in full ball gown, cathedral veil and the whole shebang, she'll look mismatched standing next to a groom in sneakers, as though they fell out of two different weddings at two completely different locations. Also while I do understand that not everyone likes Converse sneakers, I find that they are they tend to look much better than other sneakers; wearing bulky basket-ball sneakers with tuxedos just never looks to right to me...  again this could be mainly because I'm biased in favor of converse shoes.

Read more about contemporary looks for modern grooms here.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment